Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Touch and Go on the way to Minneapolis

I have flown many, many times over the years, but I experienced a first on my way to Minneapolis! The flight was, for the most part, uneventful until we were about to land.

The pilot came on and said we were clear for landing at Minneapolis and we were starting our approach. Looking out of the window, I could see the airport ahead. All of a sudden we banked sharply and started going down at a sharper degree. I thought to myself that we sure were in a hurry to get down. When we got over the runway, we seemed to be coming in very fast and at a very steep angle. Just before we were about to touch down, the engine revved and we started climbing again!

We went around the city and the pilot eventually came on and said nothing was wrong, that we were coming in a little too steep so he aborted the landing and went around to try again. I guess I should be grateful because I got a better view of downtown Minneapolis the second time around. On the second attempt, the landing was routine. So I have arrived at the conference a little shaky, but I'm here. More from the conference later.

No comments: