Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Dates for STC Summit 2009 in Atlanta

I found out that the STC Summit in Atlanta in 2009 will be May 3 through 6, 2009. I think it is great that we are having the Summit in Atlanta. And it seems that it will be a recurring thing. As I understand it, the Summit will be on a rotating basis between several cities, which will include Atlanta. So every few years, Technical Communicators will be traveling back here to Atlanta!

Here is a link you should check out: http://stronglanguage.wordpress.com/2008/05/21/tell-about-the-south/. This link is from Steve Marshall. This link is about Atlanta and there is some interesting information in there. I will have to get some of these books.

Congratulations to Howard Speck, our new chapter president. Beginning in June, Howard will be posting to this blog, since he will take over as president June 1st.

It has been a long, wonderful, interesting year as chapter president. My last duty as chapter president will be attending the STC Summit in Philadelphia. (Although, technically, I will no longer be chapter president as of Leadership Day, June1.)

I will try to post more over the next few days.

No comments: